JQuery and javascript not runing in the head tag

John Morrill

Greetings!

When I create a simple page like this!

<head>
<title>Test</title>
<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript" />
<script type="text/javascript">
alert("From Head");
</script>
</head>
<script type="text/javascript">
alert("From Body");
</script>

Only the second alert is displayed. When I comment out the jquery library as
shown below, both alerts are shown.

<head>
<title>Test</title>
<!--
<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript" />
-->
<script type="text/javascript">
alert("From Head");
</script>
</head>
<script type="text/javascript">
alert("From Body");
</script>

The jquery library is the one supply with VS2010. I am sure I am doing
something obvious wrong, but I can not see it.

Also, if this is not a forum that Microsoft engineers support, can some
please let me know. I assume comming from the MSDN page, I got that right
one. But in the past I made a mistake and keep wait for a reply.

Dooza

Greetings!

When I create a simple page like this!

<head>
<title>Test</title>
<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript" />

This should be:

<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript" /></script>

Dooza

Bob Barrows

Dooza said:
This should be:

<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"
/></script>
No it shouldn't. If you want to have an explicit closing tag, you need
to remove the tag-closer in the opening tag.
<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Dooza

No it shouldn't. If you want to have an explicit closing tag, you need
to remove the tag-closer in the opening tag.
<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Ah yes, my bad, sorry.

Dooza