JRuby on Rails on Google App Engine

Ola Bini

Hi friends,

As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App Engine.

I've been part of a preview, and know that JRuby, Ruby on Rails and Merb
works very well on it.

More information here:
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/java-on-google-app-engine/
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/dynamic-languages-on-google-app-engine-an-overview/
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/jruby-on-rails-on-google-app-engine/

Cheers

--
Ola Bini (http://olabini.com)
Ioke creator (http://ioke.org)

Charles Oliver Nutter

Ola said:
Hi friends,

As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App
Engine.

I've been part of a preview, and know that JRuby, Ruby on Rails and Merb
works very well on it.

That's so awesome! Thanks for working on this, it's a really excellent
surprise.

- Charlie

Piyush Ranjan

This is really cool!

James Britt

Charles said:
That's so awesome! Thanks for working on this, it's a really excellent
surprise.

Ramaze and Sinatra work as well.

(I need to write up some instructions for Ramaze because you need a
patch to work around the GAE restriction on threads.)

--
James Britt

Charles Oliver Nutter

James said:
Ramaze and Sinatra work as well.

(I need to write up some instructions for Ramaze because you need a
patch to work around the GAE restriction on threads.)

Cool, so it sounds like Rails, Merb, Sinatra, Ramaze, and Tom Enebo's
"Ruvlets" have all been successfully deployed.

There's a project in progress to make GAE deployment as simple as
possible...stay tuned!

- Charlie

James Britt

Charles said:
Cool, so it sounds like Rails, Merb, Sinatra, Ramaze, and Tom Enebo's
"Ruvlets" have all been successfully deployed.

There's a project in progress to make GAE deployment as simple as
possible...stay tuned!

Very good stuff going on.

And if anyone doubts the power of IRC, I got amazing help from folks on
#jruby and #ramaze on freenode while getting Ramaze running on GAE.

It's a 24-hour hackfest.

--
James Britt