JSF dataTable editing

jeffotn

I have a JSF application where a dataTable has multiple editable
options (inputText, SelectBox, CheckBox, etc)

I want to capture all of changes for these values when I submit to my
back-end bean.

This does not seem to be happening?

Further more, I really only want to work with those records in the
dataTable that have have been check with the CheckBox.

Any Thoughts, Comments,
Thanks

SadRed

I have a JSF application where a dataTable has multiple editable
options (inputText, SelectBox, CheckBox, etc)

I want to capture all of changes for these values when I submit to my
back-end bean.

This does not seem to be happening?

Further more, I really only want to work with those records in the
dataTable that have have been check with the CheckBox.

Any Thoughts, Comments,
Thanks

Your JSF view or faces-confit.xml is not properly written in terms of
your backing bean, I suppose.

jeffotn

Your JSF view or faces-confit.xml is not properly written in terms of
your backing bean, I suppose.

After debugging I made some changes... I guess the question is if I
follow the JSF model with a session scope or request scope binding
bean, when i post, the JSF model should bind an changes to any Item in
the collection modified by the web end user right? My thinking is
that since I want to work with those elements where the data changed,
that I would have to look at my select boxes to see if they have been
check to identify which records I want to work with.

I am just looking for validation on this process, I am familiar with
struts and JSF appears to be very closely related in principles.

Thanks

jeffotn

YourJSFview or faces-confit.xml is not properly written in terms of
your backing bean, I suppose.

I have my backen bean working correctly now, and I have 1 last issue.
I have a collection of 100 records paginated 20 records per page.
When I select the check box, I can get a sublist of elements the user
wants to perform updates on based on those that are checked. However,
when I check an object and then use the paginate controls, the
checkbox is check on that page? Wierd since its element selected =
false on all elements on for the next page. Any thoughts?