JSF plug in for Eclipse

John Smith

I want to start developing jsf pages in eclipse. Is there a visual component
editor plug-in for eclipse yet?

Thanks

IchBin

John said:
I want to start developing jsf pages in eclipse. Is there a visual component
editor plug-in for eclipse yet?

Thanks
Don't know myself but this link will show you Eclipse JSF plugins out there:

http://eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/search.jsp?query=jsf+

Thanks in Advance...

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

frankmfs

John said:
I want to start developing jsf pages in eclipse. Is there a visual component
editor plug-in for eclipse yet?

Thanks

There is a JSF plug-in on the eclipse site. However, I have no clue
how good it is. I myself am curious if eclipse is a good IDE for JSF
development. Does it work with myfaces as well?

Chris Smith

frankmfs said:
There is a JSF plug-in on the eclipse site. However, I have no clue
how good it is. I myself am curious if eclipse is a good IDE for JSF
development. Does it work with myfaces as well?

The JSF stuff for Eclipse is entirely usable, and fairly nice overall.
Yes, it works with MyFaces. It does not include a WYSIWYG editor for
JSP pages with JSF tags.

My one complaint is that Eclipse keeps freezing when I do a lot of
development on JSF projects. That may be specific to my system, but if
not, then you want to hold off a bit on switching over to the JSF
plugins for WTP.