JSTL Resource Bundle

chinhw

Hi all,

I am trying to create a multi-language website. I did a research on
the web regarding ways to implement this. One of the more popular ways
is to use JSTL Resource Bundle.

I hava some question:
1) Is the JSTL resource bundle always reloading and accessing from the
resource properties file? My concern is that it will slow down the
performance under heavy load. If it is not, is restarting the tomcat
the only way of updating the resouces.

2) I am considering using a singleton object to read the resource and
place in a hashmap to be retrieved later. As it is a singleton and also
because it it stored into a hashmap, it would be better handle heavy
load (I hope this make logical sense). In order to refresh the
properties file, I am thinking of running a task scedular to refresh
the hashmap every ten mintues. Any comment on this solution.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chin