Jumping

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Brandon Garber, Mar 12, 2017.

  1. Brandon Garber

    Brandon Garber

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am creating a 2d platformer game and my character cannot jump even though i checked over it a million times. I am really new to coding c# and know not much but i am using unity 5.5 and cannot figure this out. here is my code...

    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;

    public class playercontroller : MonoBehaviour {

    //movement variables
    public float maxSpeed;

    //jumping variables
    bool grounded = false;
    float groundCheckRadius = 0.5f;
    public LayerMask groundLayer;
    public Transform groundCheck;
    public float jumpHeight;

    Rigidbody2D myRB;
    Animator myAnim;
    bool facingRight;

    // Use this for initialization
    void Start () {
    myRB = GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>();
    myAnim = GetComponent<Animator>();

    facingRight = true;

    }

    // Update is called once per frame
    void update()
    {
    if(grounded && Input.GetAxis("Jump") > 0)
    {
    grounded = false;
    myAnim.SetBool("isGrounded",grounded);
    myRB.AddForce(new Vector2(0, jumpHeight));

    void FixedUpdate () {

    //check if we are grounded - if no, then we are falling
    grounded = Physics2D.OverlapCircle(groundCheck.position, groundCheckRadius, groundLayer);
    myAnim.SetBool("isGrounded", grounded);

    myAnim.SetFloat("verticalSpeed", myRB.velocity.y);

    float move = Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");
    myAnim.SetFloat("speed", Mathf.Abs(move));

    myRB.velocity = new Vector2(move * maxSpeed, myRB.velocity.y);

    if (move > 0 && !facingRight)
    {
    flip();
    } else if (move < 0 && facingRight)
    {
    flip();

    void flip()
    {
    facingRight = !facingRight;
    Vector3 theScale = transform.localScale;
    theScale.x *= -1;
    transform.localScale = theScale;

    Attached Files:

    Brandon Garber, Mar 12, 2017