Kamaelia Talk at Open Tech 2005, anyone for sprinting?

Michael Sparks

Hi,

Apologies first to those outside the UK... Open Tech 2005* is a follow
on from previous years' NotCon events which are community driven
low cost events by geeks & developers for geeks & developers. (Much
like Pycon & Europython but much more general in nature)

Website: http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2005/
Where/When: Hammersmith, London, UK, July 23rd

The reason I'm posting about it is because I'm going to be talking
about Kamaelia there. Unlike Python UK & Europython this is going to
be a 15 minute talk, so I'll be focussing on what we've been doing
with Kamaelia, what you can do with Kamaelia, and so on rather
than going through internals.

In addition since my talk on Kamaelia is before lunch, I'd really like
to help people get started using Kamaelia (this really the point of
giving talks!), so I'm going to be running a small ad-hoc/mini sprint
that afternoon.

There's a variety of possible sprintable things ranging from how to
put together simple Kamaelia systems through to using Kamaelia for
simplifying networking on Nokia mobiles through to using Kamaelia
for writing games (since we have some nice Pygame based components
now).

I'll probably be sprinting on converting a proof of concept P2P
swarming algorithm into a protocol for creating TCP server swarms.
This is for joining together multicast islands to make it so that
internet broadcasting, rather than narrowcasting, can become
a reality for the BBC - which has clear benefits for everyone!
(Even though the internet is not TV :)

Kamaelia is designed to be able to picked up relatively quickly/easily,
but having a working knowledge of python is probably a necessity.

If you're interested, please let me know! (Either before, or at Open
Tech :)

Best Regards,

Michael.
--
(e-mail address removed), http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/
British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development

This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.