key pressed on Form items?

Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I was trying to find a way to catch key events invoked while the focus is on a ChoiceGroup in a Form, but I couldn't find anything. Now, I know that keyPressed is available in Canvas. I was trying to think "out of the box" and try to find some way to use a choiceGroup in a Canvas, but I couldn't find some already available items. It is a drag to try to draw them manually. So do you know a way, that can help me do this?

Let me tell you what I need to do, and you might think of a workaround. I need to have a item(or something) that will hold some strings that the user could see if he wanted to (In the form this would be ChoiceGroup.Popup), and than when the user presses some number and than SELECT and the focus is on that item I would like to fill another item (or something - that in Form would be ChoiceGroup.EXCLUSIVE) with some string.

The only thing I found on the net is that a guy suggests to "You could do it from a class running on a separate thread that has a reference to the Canvas object."
I don't quite understand what his idea is...

So please feel free to give me some tips. I know that there are a lot of you guys that like some challenges.
Anyway, you help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deksa