laoding images

Sam

I am having some real problems loading images in my application. I am
trying to load an imange into an application so i can implement an
algorithm i have writen, but when i load the image and then request
the size of it i get -1, which would indicate the image has loaded
yet. So i read an article on the internet about mediatracker, but the
example i found uses this code;

MediaTracker mt = new MediaTracker(this);

whena i compile this i get an error about "this" i dont think u can
use this in an application.

I would appreciate any help you can provide, if possible would someone
be able to provide some code examples please

Thanks in advance

Sam Wilson

Roedy Green

I am having some real problems loading images in my application. I am
trying to load an imange into an application so i can implement an
algorithm i have writen, but when i load the image and then request
the size of it i get -1, which would indicate the image has loaded
yet. So i read an article on the internet about mediatracker, but the
example i found uses this code;

seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/image.html#IMAGEVIEWER
for sample code.