    Or a DTO? Or create a single function for each action I need?

    These are the type of questions I have... any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Guest, Feb 12, 2008

  2. Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Feb 13, 2008

    Lars Guest

    Hi
    Make as little as possible of the code in the js or vb pages for the aspx
    files.

    Make mulit level of the site. For example.

    User interface (This part should generaly only have to deal with design of
    the page not data or text)

    Collect data from the Data interface. (Get the controlls from the UI and
    fill them with data)
    Write the information in plain HTML or XML and let the UI deside how to show
    it.
    | (Database independant information)
    Database Interface (collect the data from the stored procedures)
    | (No SQL commands only calls to Stored Procedures)
    Stored Procedures (within the database)
    | (SQL commands to the database)

    Now when you need to change the apperance of the page only swap the UI.
    If you wan to change the database you only have to replace the lowest two
    layers.

    Lars, Feb 13, 2008

    Guest Guest

    That doesn't really answer my question - so I should have one big ASMX page
    with all my web service functions?

    Guest, Feb 13, 2008

    Guest Guest

    I'm building a web service not a web site ;-)

    Guest, Feb 13, 2008