LDAP data structure

Leonid

Hi,

I try to get read access to LDAP database, but I know only few column
names. How can I get entire list of them? Could anybody post a piece
of entire code, please?

Regards
Leonid

Keith Keller

Ted Zlatanov

I try to get read access to LDAP database, but I know only few
column names. How can I get entire list of them? Could anybody post
a piece of entire code, please?

You can try the GQ application, if you are not comfortable with LDAP
yet. It's available for Linux, and works very well. It will show
you the available fields.

The Net::LDAP module has a schema() method you can use to retrieve
the LDAP server's schema, but it's really much easier to start with a
GUI like GQ.

Ted

pkent

When searching the directory you don't necessarily need to know _any_ of
the column names - it's a bit like doing 'SELECT *' in SQL rather than
naming the columns explicitly.

Look in the Net::LDAP::Entry documentation at the 'attributes' method.
Personally I've found Net::LDAP all that we need for pulling data from
Active Directory via LDAP.