  1. Suresh Arora

    Suresh Arora Guest

    Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in PDF format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    Suresh Arora, Apr 24, 2014

  2. Suresh Arora

    Guest

    On Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:27:24 PM UTC, Suresh Arora wrote:
    > Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in PDF format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    I don't know anything about that book and some
    searching didn't help.

    I know there are still a lot of people who
    don't steal things. I hope you are one of
    them.

    , Apr 24, 2014

  3. Suresh Arora

    red floyd Guest

    On 4/24/2014 1:27 PM, Suresh Arora wrote:
    > Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in PDF format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    Do you have permission from Kanetkar to reproduce his book?

    red floyd, Apr 25, 2014
  4. Suresh Arora

    Suresh Arora Guest

    On Friday, 25 April 2014 08:50:56 UTC+5:30, red floyd wrote:
    > On 4/24/2014 1:27 PM, Suresh Arora wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in PDF format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    > Do you have permission from Kanetkar to reproduce his book?

    I need that book for my study purpose , I searched a lot on internet but haven't get any free e-book . I thought someone can help me in that ... If the person already have the ebook .

    Suresh Arora, Apr 25, 2014
  5. Suresh Arora

    Ian Collins Guest

    Suresh Arora wrote:
    > I need that book for my study purpose , I searched a lot on internet
    > but haven't get any free e-book . I thought someone can help me in
    > that ... If the person already have the ebook .

    If you need it, buy it.

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, Apr 25, 2014
  6. Suresh Arora

    David Brown Guest

    On 25/04/14 08:52, Suresh Arora wrote:
    > On Friday, 25 April 2014 08:50:56 UTC+5:30, red floyd wrote:
    >> On 4/24/2014 1:27 PM, Suresh Arora wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in
    >>> PDF format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    >> Do you have permission from Kanetkar to reproduce his book?

    > I need that book for my study purpose , I searched a lot on internet
    > but haven't get any free e-book . I thought someone can help me in
    > that ... If the person already have the ebook .

    There is probably a good reason that you can't find a free copy - the
    people who spend a great deal of time, money and effort writing and
    publishing such books expect to make a living from them, and therefore
    /sell/ the book. And the people who spent their own hard-earned money
    /buying/ such books do so so that they can learn from and benefit from
    such books. Why should they give free copies to someone who wants it
    for free? It would be immoral, illegal (perhaps with a real risk of
    getting caught, depending on things like watermarking and keying), and
    give potential rivals an unfair advantage.

    So go and buy the book, or borrow it from your library, or find an
    alternative cheaper book.

    David Brown, Apr 25, 2014
  7. Suresh Arora

    Suresh Arora Guest

    On Friday, 25 April 2014 12:58:13 UTC+5:30, David Brown wrote:
    > On 25/04/14 08:52, Suresh Arora wrote:

    > >> Do you have permission from Kanetkar to reproduce his book?

    > > I need that book for my study purpose , I searched a lot on internet

    > > but haven't get any free e-book . I thought someone can help me in

    > > that ... If the person already have the ebook .

    > There is probably a good reason that you can't find a free copy - the
    >
    > people who spend a great deal of time, money and effort writing and
    >
    > publishing such books expect to make a living from them, and therefore
    >
    > /sell/ the book. And the people who spent their own hard-earned money
    >
    > /buying/ such books do so so that they can learn from and benefit from
    >
    > such books. Why should they give free copies to someone who wants it
    >
    > for free? It would be immoral, illegal (perhaps with a real risk of
    >
    > getting caught, depending on things like watermarking and keying), and
    >
    > give potential rivals an unfair advantage.
    >

    > So go and buy the book, or borrow it from your library, or find an
    >
    > alternative cheaper book.

    Thanks to all .

    Suresh Arora, Apr 25, 2014
  8. Suresh Arora

    Qu0ll Guest

    "Suresh Arora" wrote in message

    > Thanks to all .

    Out of curiosity, did you learn anything from the replies? Do you intend to
    buy it?

    --
    And loving it,

    -Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)

    Qu0ll, Apr 27, 2014
  9. On Friday, 25 April 2014 01:57:24 UTC+5:30, Suresh Arora wrote:
    > Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in PDF
    > format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    How do I find out your email id? You have not listed it. By the way, here is the
    link to the book, download it, it is quite small. But it is not a particularly
    good book.

    By the way, to anyone who may say I am aiding him in illegal activities. Well, I
    was born very poor (in fact still am, 17 year old and have bought maybe a dozen
    books apart from schoolwork in my *whole* life). I think of all the movies,
    books and songs I have downloaded through torrents over the years and how much I
    enjoyed them. I do not think just because I was born poor I should be deprived
    of these, especially when I would not have been able to buy them anyway.

    Of course, this depends on your sense of honour. I have made a promise to myself
    to buy the dvds and books when I go to college this fall and start working in
    some co-op program and come into money. I know that had I not torrented all
    these things (inaccessible to me if not for the internet) my world views,
    mindset, even my intelligence, would have been significantly lesser. In fact I
    learnt to write decently by reading torrented fantasy novels. Think about that
    when you sit on your high horse. Of course, torrenting when you have the means
    to pay for them is wrong in my books. That much I can give you.

    My email id :

    Aditya Raj Bhatt, May 8, 2014
  10. Aditya Raj Bhatt, May 8, 2014
  11. Suresh Arora

    Guest

    On Thursday, May 8, 2014 3:17:29 PM UTC, Aditya Raj Bhatt wrote:
    > On Friday, 25 April 2014 01:57:24 UTC+5:30, Suresh Arora wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in PDF

    > > format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    > How do I find out your email id? You have not listed it. By the way, here is the
    >
    > link to the book, download it, it is quite small. But it is not a particularly
    >
    > good book.
    >

    > By the way, to anyone who may say I am aiding him in illegal activities. Well, I
    >
    > was born very poor (in fact still am, 17 year old and have bought maybe a dozen
    >
    > books apart from schoolwork in my *whole* life). I think of all the movies,
    >
    > books and songs I have downloaded through torrents over the years and how much I
    >
    > enjoyed them. I do not think just because I was born poor I should be deprived
    >
    > of these, especially when I would not have been able to buy them anyway.
    >

    > Of course, this depends on your sense of honour. I have made a promise to myself
    > to buy the dvds and books when I go to college this fall and start working in
    > some co-op program and come into money. I know that had I not torrented all
    > these things (inaccessible to me if not for the internet) my world views,
    > mindset, even my intelligence, would have been significantly lesser. In fact I
    > learnt to write decently by reading torrented fantasy novels. Think about that
    > when you sit on your high horse. Of course, torrenting when you have the means
    > to pay for them is wrong in my books. That much I can give you.

    A few things come to mind. "For whoever wishes to save
    his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My
    sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he
    gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?" Matthew 16:25,26

    And, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    That's how I would describe Obama.

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net

    , May 8, 2014
  12. Suresh Arora

    Melzzzzz Guest

    On Thu, 8 May 2014 13:10:43 -0700 (PDT)
    wrote:

    > On Thursday, May 8, 2014 3:17:29 PM UTC, Aditya Raj Bhatt wrote:
    > > On Friday, 25 April 2014 01:57:24 UTC+5:30, Suresh Arora wrote:
    > >
    > > > Can anyone here have the book Let Us C++ by Yashwant Kanetkar in
    > > > PDF

    > > > format.Pls send me on my email id ..

    > > How do I find out your email id? You have not listed it. By the
    > > way, here is the
    > >
    > > link to the book, download it, it is quite small. But it is not a
    > > particularly
    > >
    > > good book.
    > >

    > > By the way, to anyone who may say I am aiding him in illegal
    > > activities. Well, I
    > >
    > > was born very poor (in fact still am, 17 year old and have bought
    > > maybe a dozen
    > >
    > > books apart from schoolwork in my *whole* life). I think of all the
    > > movies,
    > >
    > > books and songs I have downloaded through torrents over the years
    > > and how much I
    > >
    > > enjoyed them. I do not think just because I was born poor I should
    > > be deprived
    > >
    > > of these, especially when I would not have been able to buy them
    > > anyway.
    > >

    > > Of course, this depends on your sense of honour. I have made a
    > > promise to myself to buy the dvds and books when I go to college
    > > this fall and start working in some co-op program and come into
    > > money. I know that had I not torrented all these things
    > > (inaccessible to me if not for the internet) my world views,
    > > mindset, even my intelligence, would have been significantly
    > > lesser. In fact I learnt to write decently by reading torrented
    > > fantasy novels. Think about that when you sit on your high horse.
    > > Of course, torrenting when you have the means to pay for them is
    > > wrong in my books. That much I can give you.
    > >

    > A few things come to mind. "For whoever wishes to save
    > his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My
    > sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he
    > gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?" Matthew 16:25,26

    Today this guy would probably be resident of some nut house...

    --
    Click OK to continue...

    Melzzzzz, May 8, 2014
  13. Bonita Montero, May 8, 2014
  14. Suresh Arora

    Daniel Guest

    On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:10:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:

    > And, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    >
    > That's how I would describe Obama.

    How about "Judge not, lest ye be judged" or " why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

    Daniel, May 9, 2014
  15. Suresh Arora

    Guest

    On Thursday, May 8, 2014 6:42:28 PM UTC-5, Daniel wrote:
    > On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:10:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
    >
    > > And, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    > >
    > > That's how I would describe Obama.

    > How about "Judge not, lest ye be judged" or

    If I tried to physically harm Obama I'd be
    judging him in the sense I understand that
    verse. I don't advocate that though.

    > " why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

    Call me crazy, but I think children deserve to
    have a mom and a dad.

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net

    , May 9, 2014
  16. Suresh Arora

    Stuart Guest

    On 05/08/14, Aditya Raj Bhatt wrote:
    [snip]
    > By the way, to anyone who may say I am aiding him in illegal activities.

    Illegal yes. Immoral, probably not.

    Note that he is asking us (that means the readers) to provide him with a
    link. That makes us the criminal, not him (I'm not sure there). He could
    as well have asked: <exaggerated> "Does anyone here want to go to prison
    for me" </exaggerated>.

    > Well, I
    > was born very poor (in fact still am, 17 year old and have bought maybe a dozen
    > books apart from schoolwork in my *whole* life). I think of all the movies,
    > books and songs I have downloaded through torrents over the years and how much I
    > enjoyed them. I do not think just because I was born poor I should be deprived
    > of these, especially when I would not have been able to buy them anyway.
    >
    > Of course, this depends on your sense of honour. I have made a promise to myself
    > to buy the dvds and books when I go to college this fall and start working in
    > some co-op program and come into money.

    I don't know whether saying so will get me into trouble, but: That's
    fine by me. I even think that it may be the case that buying the
    copyrighted stuff afterwards will undo any injustice you have done by
    copying the stuff in the first place, but IANAL.

    > I know that had I not torrented all
    > these things (inaccessible to me if not for the internet) my world views,
    > mindset, even my intelligence, would have been significantly lesser. In fact I
    > learnt to write decently by reading torrented fantasy novels. Think about that
    > when you sit on your high horse.

    Well, is it not nice that we have this thing called Internet? Imagine
    how much poorer all our lives would be without it. That gives me a good
    feeling.

    Of course, torrenting when you have the means
    > to pay for them is wrong in my books. That much I can give you.

    +1

    Have a nice weekend,
    Stuart

    Stuart, May 9, 2014