letting users insert controls via a contact mgmt application

Koen Hoorelbeke

(I repost this question ... now with my nospam NICKNAME ... sorry for the
inconvenience).

Hi there,

I've got the following situation: I'm making a specific content mgmt
application for a reservation system. First of all, my users are able to
create simple pages (as most content mgmt apps).

However, what problem do I have: now they have to be able to insert certain
user-controls (that are pre-defined and made by me) in pages of their choice.

An example: they make a page with information about rooms in a hotel. Now in
that page they should be able to insert a specific "reservation control"
somewhere in the middle of the page (or wherever they want it).

Of course that user hasn't programmatic access to those pages, and the only
thing he's supposed to do is to insert a certain TAG in the text of that page
(f.e. <@ReservationEngine@>).

When that page is then displayed it should replace the <@ReservationEngine@>
text with a control I made (f.e. reservationEngine.ascx).

Is that possible, and if so, how ? Any tips, hints, suggestions, links, are
very much appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Greetingz,
Koen Hoorelbeke