letting users insert controls via a content mgmt app

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Koen Hoorelbeke, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. Hi there,

    I've got the following situation: I'm making a specific content mgmt
    application for a reservation system. First of all, my users are able to
    create simple pages (as most content mgmt apps).

    However, what problem do I have: now they have to be able to insert certain
    user-controls (that are pre-defined and made by me) in pages of their choice.

    An example: they make a page with information about rooms in a hotel. Now in
    that page they should be able to insert a specific "reservation control"
    somewhere in the middle of the page (or wherever they want it).

    Of course that user hasn't programmatic access to those pages, and the only
    thing he's supposed to do is to insert a certain TAG in the text of that page
    (f.e. <@[email protected]>).

    When that page is then displayed it should replace the <@[email protected]>
    text with a control I made (f.e. reservationEngine.ascx).

    Is that possible, and if so, how ? Any tips, hints, suggestions, links, are
    very much appreciated !

    Thanks in advance.

    Greetingz,
    Koen Hoorelbeke.