Library for Transactional Files Access - who knows Java libraries?

Michal Szymanski

Hi,
I have very common task. System which we develop will be divided in 2
pieces - interface and calculation module. Depending on client
communication between these two modules can be based on database,
queues or files.
First two ways of communication are by default transactional and there
is no problem. But for communication using file I have to write
library that support transactional access to files (at least locking
is necessary). I've seen several systems in my life where file system
were treated as a database but in each solution authors used home-made
libraries not well know libraries.
Because we are preparing for new project I've once again try to find
suitable library for this task and I've found nothing :(

Do you know any nice Java library ? If yes let me know.

p.s in last JDJ there is article "Enabling A file system as a
transactional resources" but it is baseD on Connector Architecture and
JTA.

Michal Szymanski
(e-mail address removed)

Kai Grossjohann

There is a C library called Berkeley DB. (www.sleepycat.com I
believe.) I vaguely remember that they have ways to talk to their
files from other languages than C.

Versions 2 and up also provide some kind of transaction, but I forget
the details.

Kai

Michal Szymanski

Kai Grossjohann said:
There is a C library called Berkeley DB. (www.sleepycat.com I
believe.) I vaguely remember that they have ways to talk to their
files from other languages than C.

But I am looking for Java library, I do not want to use native calls.

Best regards
M.Szymanski