Linkage and calling convention

Asapi

1. Are linkage convention and calling convention referring to the same
thing?

2. Does calling convention differ between languages C and C++?

3. How does calling convention differ between static and non-static class
member function?

4. Could it be possible to specify different calling convention for each
"global" or each class member function? Even in a single file scope?

5. If the answer to 4 is yes, do we need to do anything in calling functions
that call those functions of different calling conventions in 4?

Thanks!

osmium

Asapi said:
1. Are linkage convention and calling convention referring to the same
thing?

2. Does calling convention differ between languages C and C++?

3. How does calling convention differ between static and non-static class
member function?

4. Could it be possible to specify different calling convention for each
"global" or each class member function? Even in a single file scope?

5. If the answer to 4 is yes, do we need to do anything in calling functions
that call those functions of different calling conventions in 4?

You have a very annoying instructor. He dwells on fussy word distinctions
while you are probably learning very little about programming. Those might
be interesting for a course on writing compilers or designing computer
languages; but I have the distinct feeling that you are not enrolled in such
a course. Is there any point other than to test your memory?

My guess is that if you talk to even a good programmer long enough he will
eventually misuse declaration or definition