Linked Resource for Eclipse Too Big!?

Kevin

Has anyone ever tried to create a folder in a Java Project in Eclipse
and link it to a pre-existing directory with source code? I am
attempting to do so but I keep getting out of memory errors. This
particular directory has about 60 directorys contaiing C++ executables,
libraries and Java code. I have bumped up the memory using command line
to 1GB of memory. When I attempt to link eclipse attempts to read in
the entire directory. After about 30 minutes it comes back saying it
has failed. The log indicates an out of memory error. Does anybody have
any suggestions to get around this problem? I would love to be able to
filter a single directory or two prior to eclipse linking but it
appears you can only do this after it pulls in the entire directory. If
I attempt to link at a lower level then Eclipse indicates that my
package statement isn't what was expected.

Here is my configuration:

Running Eclipse 3.0 from Windows
Source code is on a Unix box, mapped to my X drive, and is under
ClearCase configuration control.

Any hints or suggestions would be great!