Discussion in 'Python' started by Cornelius Kölbel, Apr 13, 2011.

  1. Hello list,

    I am wondering about loading modules.What is a good way of doing this?

    In my code I got one single function, where I need some functionality
    from a built-in module.

    Is it a better way to load the module only within the function
    pro: the function will only be hit every now and then or only with a
    probability of 90%.
    So in 90% cases the modules will not be loaded. (preserve
    resources)

    What is the balance between speed, resources and code style?

    Is there a pythonian way for deciding in which case to do what?

    Kind regards
    Cornelius

    Cornelius Kölbel, Apr 13, 2011