runat="server"
Text=""
meta:resourcekey="String1">
</asp:Label>

Under App_GlobalResources I have

Scorecards.fr.resx
and
Scorecards.resx

They contain Name = String1 and Value = This is the text in ENGLISH !
or Ceci est le texte en francais ! respectively.

In Welcome.aspx.vb I have the code:
Protected Overrides Sub InitializeCulture()
g_strWebSiteLanguage = Context.Request.Params("Lang")
If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(g_strWebSiteLanguage) Then

If g_strWebSiteLanguage = "fr-CA" Then
UICulture = g_strWebSiteLanguage
Culture = g_strWebSiteLanguage
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(g_strWebSiteLang
uage)
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = New
System.Globalization.CultureInfo(g_strWebSiteLanguage)

Else 'Default to language "en"
UICulture = "en-CA"
Culture = "en-CA"
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("en-CA")
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = New
System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-CA")

End If
End If
MyBase.InitializeCulture()
End Sub
where g_strWebSiteLanguage is defined as public string in a module,

and the projects property pages state:

Start Action = Specific Page = Welcome.aspx?Lang=fr_CA

I am expecting to see the label change text from "This is the text in
ENGLISH !" to "Ceci est le texte en francais !" and viceversa,
depending on the parameter "LANG". However, I see none of that. What
am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.
Alex.