logging - string formating problems

Werner F. Bruhin

I see the following exception with a string formating problem.

TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/logging/__init__.py", line 744, in emit
msg = self.format(record)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/logging/__init__.py", line 630, in format
return fmt.format(record)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/logging/__init__.py", line 418, in format
record.message = record.getMessage()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/logging/__init__.py", line 288, in getMessage
msg = msg % self.args

The exception does not give any information on where the problem is coming from.

I am using Python 2.5.4 but I see that in 2.6 the code is still the same.

Any chance that getMessage could catch this exception and provide better debugging information (i.e. content of msg and self.args).

Werner