look for C++ "Keith Gorlen smalltalk like classes" or NIHCL to reduce memory footprint used by STL

francois

I'm looking for C++ classes library to be used instead of STL.
As I'm working on a tiny embedded system 16MB up to 32MB, I need
to reduce memory footprint needed by the STL due to its genericity.
So long I didn't find any C++ library (no template please) which could
replace the STL like Keith Gorlen smalltalk like classes" or NIHCL .
Unfortunately the download url ftp pointers I found are obsolete.

I'd appreciate your help.

Francois.

Peter Koch Larsen

francois said:
I'm looking for C++ classes library to be used instead of STL.
As I'm working on a tiny embedded system 16MB up to 32MB, I need
to reduce memory footprint needed by the STL due to its genericity.
So long I didn't find any C++ library (no template please) which could
replace the STL like Keith Gorlen smalltalk like classes" or NIHCL .
Unfortunately the download url ftp pointers I found are obsolete.

I'd appreciate your help.

Francois.

One thing that could eat up some space is streams (because of locales). So
if you are keen on saving perhaps 50-100KB it might be a good idea to avoid
these.
Apart from this, what makes You believe that "stl" is the cause of your
problem? The template-classes can in some cases take up some space, but do
not assume that this is so unless you have verified it to be the case by
e.g. inspecting the compilers and linkers result.

Kind regards
Peter Koch Larsen