Looking for a good ecommerce solution

Rippo

Can anyone suggest a good ecommerce shopping cart system for ASP.NET
2.0.

It has to be:
1. STABLE (most important),
2. Have a good administration area for maintaining products, reports
etc
3. Be able to cater for around £300,000 of sales per month (around 500
orders per day)
4. Have developer licenses so it can be customisable
5. SQL Server back end
6. Not to bothered by price
7. Caters for all standard ecommerce options (cross selling, what's
hot, url rewriting, all pages fully administrable, etc)

I have other the last few years not had good success with buying in
3rd party off the shelf software to develop as we find that it never
quite works properly, has hard to find bugs, is hard to optimise etc

Any thoughts suggestions would help as long as you don't say "why
don't you develop it yourself" as I feel that there must be a good
solution out there as a ecommerce site pretty much does the same
across the internet.
Thanks
Richard

sloan

If you go to dofactory.com , they have an application which is ecommerced
based, and uses alot of their design patterns.
You have to pay for this one.
I think its a part of their uber downloadable design pattern library.
http://www.dofactory.com/Framework/Framework.aspx
Yeah, look at "#4" in the list of what you get.

I haven't used it, I mention it only because I know of it.

But if mainteance is an issue, I'd take a look at it.

[...]

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Rippo,

have u tried to look for ASP.NET eCommerse Started kits? I remember I saw one

btw, there were "ASP.NE eCommerce book", and I assume they have samples

---
WBR,

R> Can anyone suggest a good ecommerce shopping cart system for ASP.NET
R> 2.0.
R>
R> It has to be:
R> 1. STABLE (most important),
R> 2. Have a good administration area for maintaining products, reports
R> etc
R> 3. Be able to cater for around £300,000 of sales per month (around
R> 500
R> orders per day)
R> 4. Have developer licenses so it can be customisable
R> 5. SQL Server back end
R> 6. Not to bothered by price
R> 7. Caters for all standard ecommerce options (cross selling, what's
R> hot, url rewriting, all pages fully administrable, etc)
R> I have other the last few years not had good success with buying in
R> 3rd party off the shelf software to develop as we find that it never
R> quite works properly, has hard to find bugs, is hard to optimise etc
R>
R> Any thoughts suggestions would help as long as you don't say "why
R> don't you develop it yourself" as I feel that there must be a good
R> solution out there as a ecommerce site pretty much does the same
R> across the internet.
R> Thanks
R> Richard

Rippo

Michael, thanks for that. I dont want to sound ungrateful but starter
kits and books wont help me here. I have developed ecommerce sites
before as I have developing for over 10 years, but as I have mentioned
I want a good base system that works well, is stable and can be
developed with more bells and whistles. I was wondering whether there
was a good product I could use as a base. I have to say I do like the
look of dofactory.com as it provides a good base but was hoping for a
few more bells and whistles!

Really I want to get a list of products with good/bad points that I
can then investigate further.

If Ihave to bespoke then I will use the dofactory.com code

Thanks
Richard

Mike

I'm curious, if you been creating eCommerce sites for over 10 years, why not
use one of your existing shopping carts or why not even use one of your
existing eCommerce sites as a base and build off of that?

Rippo

I'm curious, if you been creating eCommerce sites for over 10 years, why not
use one of your existing shopping carts or why not even use one of your
existing eCommerce sites as a base and build off of that?

I have been developing for 10 years and have done some simple
ecommerce sites. I am looking for a solution that encompasses all the
latest gizmo's rather than creating my own from scratch. Why re-invent
the wheel when a bought in solution can give you want you want

I too am curious why you decided to ask this question, rather than
reflecting on what I have written and helping me with a solution.
Please dont respond to this as I dont want to start a arguement that
does not get me an answer....

Sorry to be so blunt.

clintonG

Mike

I asked because 'why reinvent the wheel' if you have an eCommerce site
already, use that as your 'shell' and add the latest and greatest 'gizmos'
to it. Even some of the starter kits are great shells to use and build off
of them.
does not get me an answer.... -- argue over what, a response?

as for 'solutions' there are tons out there, from PayPal to creating your
own.

here are a few
http://www.ecommercesolutions.net/
www.storefront.net

and MS Commerce server can do alot as well.

Rippo

Ok maybe my question is slightly flawed, of all the off the shelf
solutions people have kindly submited has anyone had experience in
using any of the list below for the following and anything that I
should be aware of:-

1. Can cater for the volume I originally asked for
2. Has a solid base
3. Is easy customisable

I will safey assume commerce server will be pretty good!
http://www.dofactory.com/Framework/Framework.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/commerceserver/bb643786.aspx

http://www.asp.net/community/projects/
http://www.west-wind.com/westwindwebstore/
http://www.ablecommerce.com/shopping-cart-clients.aspx
http://www.storefront.net/

Basically I am angling towards a solid base DoFactory or Commerce
Server and add the gizmos I want unless somebody can persaude me
otherwise, but again I want people who have had first hand experience
with any of the packages listed above.

PS Mike thanks for advice!

Rippo