Looking for some help --- I don't mind paying...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mac Stevens, Feb 16, 2008.

  1. Mac Stevens

    Mac Stevens Guest

    Hello,

    I don't know whether this is the right group to post a help wanted ad
    to or not. If this is the wrong place, please let me know the right
    place.

    I run a web development business. I'm looking for someone good in
    Photoshop, CSS and Html and has a good working knowledge of installing
    scripts, understands how to work with some of the major shopping cart
    systems (like 1shoppingcart.com) etc...

    The pay is $15 per hour US currency. If you're too slow or don't have
    enough experience, don't apply.

    If you don't accept PayPal -- don't apply.

    It's only part-time work. But you must be ready to take on the
    projects you are sent. The turn around time has to be very quick. If
    not, you won't be with me for very long.

    Email me your resume.

    Thanks,
    Mac

    Mac Stevens, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Mac Stevens

    dorayme Guest

    What impudence!

    dorayme, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Mac Stevens

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Your jokeing! The going rate for a web designer is $50 / $100 per
    hour!.

    Chaddy2222, Feb 16, 2008
  4. Mac Stevens

    Ed Jay Guest

    Mac Stevens scribed:
    Two jokes in one short line.

    Ed Jay, Feb 16, 2008
  5. Mac Stevens

    mrcakey Guest

    And there I was thinking "wow, £7.50 an hour - that's a whole £2 an hour
    more than I get at my job serving burgers at McDonalds", but now I can't
    apply because I don't have PayPal. Rats.

    +mrcakey

    mrcakey, Feb 16, 2008
  6. Mac Stevens

    SAZ Guest

    This is a joke posting, correct???

    Let's get this straight - you run a web development business and you
    think $15/hour is adequate pay for all the skills you require??? Do you
    really run a web development business? It doesn't seem possible because
    then you would know that the pay should be $50/hour or better.
    At $15/hour, quick is unheard of, as well as good work.
    For $15/hour, who needs a resume? I could go to JCPenney and make that
    much without all these hassles or quailifications - and I'd get a check,
    not a PayPal payment.

    SAZ, Feb 16, 2008
  7. Mac Stevens

    Bergamot Guest

    You can have good or you can have cheap, but you're not likely to get
    both in the same person. If you're not willing to raise the pay, lower
    your expectations. A lot.

    Bergamot, Feb 16, 2008
  8. Mac Stevens

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:43:19 GMT
    SAZ scribed:
    But you wouldn't have the satisfaction of knowing you're making the world a
    better place for ecommerce... <g>

    (Btw, sorry for my abrupt disappearance from the other thread but I was
    unexpectedly obliged to go out of town for a bit.)

    Neredbojias, Feb 16, 2008
  9. Mac Stevens

    dorayme Guest

    The expression is: "There is good, quick and cheap. Pick any two."

    dorayme, Feb 16, 2008
  10. Mac Stevens

    asdf Guest

    You idiot. At that rate only slow and inexperienced folks *will* apply.

    LMGDAO

    asdf, Feb 16, 2008
  11. Disregard these fools! I will create you an all FLASH e-commerce site
    and turn you to the dark side!!!!

    Bwhannnnaaaaa

    Travis Newbury, Feb 17, 2008
  12. Mac Stevens

    Bergamot Guest

    Can you really do that for just $15 an hour? Flash must be easier that I
    thought. :)

    Bergamot, Feb 17, 2008
  13. Mac Stevens

    rf Guest

    Nah. Just low paying because nobody *really* wants it ;-)

    rf, Feb 17, 2008

  14. Actually there are two reasons I would not take this job, the least of
    them being the money. The main reason I would not take this job is
    because an e-commerce site should be built using flexible width, with
    nothing fun or fancy. And while I "could" build a site like that I
    find building them rather dull and boring.

    See I don't disagree with any of you about the right way to build a
    site like that. That's exactly why I don't build sites like this. I
    build fun sites, I build for the entertainment industry where I can be
    creative and have fun. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong
    building e-commerce sites someone has to do it. I just don't like to
    do it.

    Travis Newbury, Feb 17, 2008
  15. Mac Stevens

    Andrew Guest

    I don't get what you mean here.

    I get that you could find a flexible width site with nothing fun or
    fancy boring to build.

    Is a fixed width site with nothing fun or fancy boring to build too?

    Is a flexible width site with fun and fancy stuff interesting to build?

    Where does a fixed width/fun and fancy side rank?

    Did you introduce too many variable there? Not having a go at you, just
    interested to know the relationship between flexible width and dull and
    boring.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Feb 17, 2008
  16. Mac Stevens

    dorayme Guest

    <
    m>,
    .... and, of course, you don't like flexibility except where it
    comes to the ultimate flexible, the motherhood statement and
    letting everyone do whatever they like.

    dorayme, Feb 17, 2008
  17. What don't you get? I don't enjoy making e-commerce sites. I find
    the coding to be dull, I find the artistic liberties to be stifling.
    I just don't enjoy making them. What's not to get?
    If it were a fixed width e-commerce site? Yea, that would be just as
    dull
    Fixed or flexible is irrelevant. The content, and the liberties
    allowed with the presentation of that content is what I find dull.
    Answered above.

    Travis Newbury, Feb 17, 2008
  18. Flexibility has nothing to do with what I like to build. Liberties/
    restrictions in the presentation of the content is the difference.

    Travis Newbury, Feb 17, 2008
  19. Mac Stevens

    timothytoe Guest

    I don't understand the $15 an hour part. That's about 1/6 what it
    should be, so I'm going to assume that at that rate I'm getting paid
    48 hours a day.

    Is that right? What sort of math do I need to figure this out?

    timothytoe, Feb 17, 2008
  20. Mac Stevens

    Andrew Guest

    Got you now. I read "like that" as applying to "flexible width, nothing
    fun or fancy" rather than to e-commerce sites.
    Can't blame you for that.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Feb 17, 2008