looking for advanced ruby code

Markus Jais

hello

I am looking for advanced ruby code, especially with
all the meta programming and reflection stuff.
I am searching for something that is hardly (if at all) possible
with java and impossible with C++, but very easy with Ruby.

I've started looking at the ActiveRecord code witch is great.
any more hints where I can learn about this topic ?

open source code, books, articles.
everything is appreciated.

regards

Markus

Gene Tani

Markus said:
hello

I am looking for advanced ruby code, especially with
all the meta programming and reflection stuff.
I am searching for something that is hardly (if at all) possible
with java and impossible with C++, but very easy with Ruby.

I've started looking at the ActiveRecord code witch is great.
any more hints where I can learn about this topic ?

open source code, books, articles.
everything is appreciated.

besides the obvious Ruby Quiz and pickax, I googled for metaprogramming
and DSL. I think most of these blogs are linked in Redhanded's
blogroll:

http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2005/11/dsls-for-tdd-and-bdd.html

http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?instance_exec
http://www.rubyweeklynews.org/20060212#item9820