Looking for automated C++ beautifier/styler

Matt England

I am looking for a C++ code beautifier/styler. Requirements and a
list of potential choices follow. I'm looking for people's specific
recommendations and reasons thereof per their specific experience,
particularly if you have evaluated many tools or received feedback
from others who have.

Requirements I seek: run on Linux systems, command line operation,
save styling-configuration in a file that can be shared by many users,
flexible and robust styling options (SourceStylerC++ our favorite thus
far, looking for alternatives).
Free-of-charge is nice but not required. Open-source is preferred.

OchreSoftware's SourceStylerC++ is one of my group's favorites, but
it's Windows only and rather hefty price ($300). I compiled a short
list of some others I have found (below) but have yet to check out.
I'm hoping to fine SourceStyler's capability in unix/linux flavor that
we can run from the commandline. (OchreSoftware: if you're watching,
we'll gladly pay for your stuff, if we could get a Linux port we could
run automatically in our build/code-management processes.)

http://www.ochresoftware.com/index.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gcgreatcode/
http://www.polystyle.com/
http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Formatters/CppFormatter.html
http://www.slickedit.com/
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/C-C++Beautifier-HOWTO.html
http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/Documentation/CodeBeautifier.html
http://astyle.sourceforge.net/
http://www.sgvsarc.com/
http://www.flexisoftsolutions.com/

Thanks for any help.
-Matt
Dispersed storage: http://cleversafe.org

Shug

Matt said:
[...]

Hi Matt

You might also want to look at uncrustify at sourceforge.

I asked the same question as you, and from a handful of beautifiers I
tried, this one looks very promising.

Additionally, the developer has been very accomodating with suggestions
for new Features, suggesting that this app will continue getting better
and more configurable. I suppose the more people use it and
contribute, the better it will be all round.

Shug

Shug