Looking for documentation tools

Esben von Buchwald

Hello. For documening my thesis project, i'm, looking for 2 things:

A GUI tool that allows me to enter descriptions, arguments, return
values etc, for each function, class, etc. in some forms and then
generates and inserts the correct comment syntax, so pydoc can generate
the documentation HTML. (preferrably for windows)

And a diagram tool that reverse engineers the used python modules and
draws a class diagram with relations between the classes etc.?

Either as a standalone app or as something that generates graphviz
scripts or similar.

I hope you guys have some suggestions?

-Esben

TerryP

A GUI tool that allows me to enter descriptions, arguments, return
values etc, for each function, class, etc. in some forms and then
generates and inserts the correct comment syntax,  so pydoc can generate
the documentation HTML. (preferrably for windows)

Maybe I am a bastard, but personally I would consider such a tool, to
be a useless bit of dribble compared to writing decent doc strings and
comments within the code itself. Beyond that, might I suggest using
your favorite text editor and a bit of munged scripting?

And a diagram tool that reverse engineers the used python modules and
draws a class diagram with relations between the classes etc.?

Either as a standalone app or as something that generates graphviz
scripts or similar.

You might take a look at tools such as Umbrello and Gaphor. You might
also find this link helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UML_tools