Google looking for Great Engineers

amogan

**If interested & qualified, please reply with your resume directly to
(e-mail address removed)**
Referrals are always welcome!!

Network System Test Engineer - Mountain View

This position is available in Mountain View, CA.

Google is looking for outstanding software developers to join our
world-class development team to design and build network test
platforms. You will help change the way people think about Google and
the Internet. The ideal candidate will have excellent programming
skills, an understanding of networking protocols and technology,
experience in developing test platforms and tools, experience with
standard networking test suites and tools, and a passion for
delivering top quality products.

Responsibilities:

* Design and develop network test and automation platforms and
frameworks.
* Contribute to the design of new networking systems.
* Working with development teams to develop software and hardware
systems.

Requirements:

* BS in computer science or equivalent. MS or PhD is a plus.
* Knowledge and experience with standard protocols such as LACP,
STP, RSTP, VRRP, UDLD, 802.1x, etc.
* A strong understanding of networking systems including TCP/IP
and Ethernet.
* Experience with Linux / Unix systems.
* Experience with networking test tools.
* Exceptional C/C++ programming and scripting skills.

Networking Software Engineer - Mountain View

This position is based in Mountain View, CA.

We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to work on next
generation networking systems, protocols & applications. You will help
change the way people think about Google and the Internet.

The ideal candidate will have strong system building expertise coupled
with knowledge of networking protocols and should be familiar with
embedded systems or host network stack environments.

Requirements:

* BS in computer science or equivalent. MS or PhD is a plus.
* Exceptional C++/C programming skills
* 3+ years experience in software/algorithm/protocol design,
preferably in networking protocols or distributed systems.
* Strong foundation in networking, and have developed systems in
several networking areas, including TCP/IP, Ethernet, and routing
protocols.
* Linux experience preferred.

Networking Host Testing Engineer - Mountain View

This position is available in Mountain View, CA.

Google is looking for experienced network system test engineers to
join our world-class development team and work on system level testing
of networking equipment and infrastructure. You will help change the
way people think about Google and the Internet. The ideal candidate
with have hands-on experience with networking equipment, an
understanding of networking protocols, experience in testing, a
background in IP network design, operations, or management, and a
passion for delivering top quality products.

Responsibilities:

* Design, develop, and execute test plans for networking features,
equipment, and systems mainly concentrating on host-networking
hardware and software.
* Working with and/or developing test automation tools.
* Certify software releases for general use.
* Working with development teams to develop software and hardware
systems.

Requirements:

* BS in computer science or equivalent. MS or PhD is a plus.
* Experience working with and testing multiple L2 and L3
networking protocols.
* Knowledge and experience with ethernet or other cluster
interconnect.
* Experience testing and releasing networking products.
* A strong understanding of networking systems including TCP/IP
and Ethernet.
* Linux experience is a plus.
* C/C++ and scripting skills are a plus.
* Experience in supporting, implementing and/or designing network
technology is a plus.

Networking, Hardware Testing Engineer - Mountain View

This position is based in Mountain View, CA.

Google is looking for a Hardware Testing Engineer to join our world-
class networking equipment design team. The ideal candidate will have
a solid networking equipment hardware testing background, basic
embedded system software and Linux kernel experience, and a passion
for delivering top quality products.

Responsibilities:

* Assist in the design, bring-up and testing of new network
systems.
* Build engineering prototypes.
* Prepare, setup, and run a broad suite of tests on network
hardware and systems.
* Help to evaluate mechanical, electrical, and thermal performance
of components and systems.
* Set up and maintain the space, tools, and materials of a
hardware R&D lab.
* Interface with contract manufacturers and production test
technicians to resolve issues.
* Troubleshoot new board-level computer hardware and electro-
mechanical systems.
* Perform root-cause failure analysis and drive issues to closure.

Requirements:

* BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines.
* Familiarity with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic
analyzers and data acquisition systems.
* Good understanding of the physics underlying electrical,
electronic, and thermal devices.
* Very high level of attention to detail; noticing and responding
to contributory factors not part of the original test plan.
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
* Ability to program in Python or C++ is a plus.
* Excellent communication and documentation skills.
* Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and electronic
schematics.

**If interested & qualified, please reply with your resume directly to
(e-mail address removed)**

Referrals are always welcome!!

Richard Heathfield

amogan said:

Google is looking for outstanding software developers to join our
world-class development team to design and build network test
platforms. You will help change the way people think about Google and
the Internet. The ideal candidate will have excellent programming
skills, an understanding of networking protocols

....but an understanding of Usenet 'netiquette' is not required. For
example, the successful candidate will not have to be aware that
posting job ads in technical newsgroups is unacceptable. Nor will he
have to worry about complaints about his shoddy workmanship (e.g.
posting the same article half a dozen times over), since Google
habitually responds to complaints by auto-replying from a black hole
address.

I am not yet at that stage where I filter out all posts originating from
'Google Groups' - but I'm rapidly approaching it.

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
amogan said:

...but an understanding of Usenet 'netiquette' is not required. For
example, the successful candidate will not have to be aware that
posting job ads in technical newsgroups is unacceptable. Nor will he
have to worry about complaints about his shoddy workmanship (e.g.
posting the same article half a dozen times over), since Google
habitually responds to complaints by auto-replying from a black hole
address.

I am not yet at that stage where I filter out all posts originating from
'Google Groups' - but I'm rapidly approaching it.

I complained to the original poster by private e-mail. She says she's
gotten some inquiries; apparently she thinks that justifies posting
job offers in a technical discussion forum.

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
I complained to the original poster by private e-mail. She says she's
gotten some inquiries; apparently she thinks that justifies posting
job offers in a technical discussion forum.

It doesn't, of course (as you know already). What it does do, however,
is damage her company's reputation still further within this community.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Richard Heathfield said:
I am not yet at that stage where I filter out all posts originating from
'Google Groups' - but I'm rapidly approaching it.

I had done so for a while, but I decided that the newsgroup was a
little too quiet without the steady stream of Google posts.

Default User

amogan wrote:

Google is looking for outstanding software developers to join our
world-class development team to design and build network test
platforms.

Too bad they aren't looking for outstanding software developers to fix
Google Groups.

Brian

Keith Thompson wrote:

I complained to the original poster by private e-mail. She says she's
gotten some inquiries; apparently she thinks that justifies posting
job offers in a technical discussion forum.

Perhaps a number of use should point it out. I will now.

Brian

Richard Heathfield

Default User said:
Keith Thompson wrote:

Perhaps a number of use should point it out. I will now.

You can't win. If only one or two complain, she'll say that she only got
one or two complaints. And if everyone complains, she'll say she was
mailbombed.

Richard said:

You can't win. If only one or two complain, she'll say that she only
got one or two complaints. And if everyone complains, she'll say she
was mailbombed.

I did a reply back. It's an etiquette violation to post a direct quote
from an email, but I'm not going to worry about it.

"Believe me, I have learned my lesson. I've already gotten a few
complaints and will definitely be avoiding those groups in the future."

Not exactly an apology, but at least recognition.

Brian

CBFalconer said:
Regardless, she'll get far fewer emails than she deposited in the
worlds newsreaders. :)

No doubt, but if it prevents a reoccurrence then it's worthwhile.\

Brian

Charles Richmond

CBFalconer said:
Regardless, she'll get far fewer emails than she deposited in the
worlds newsreaders. :)

Isn't what is described above... the very *definition* of
spam?: get a few responses from carpet bombing everyone with
your spam email.