Losing tabs when printing

Allan Valeriano

Hi all,

I have a JTextArea, which I'm having problems of losing formatting
when I print it.

If I have something like: "This(tab)is(tab)a(tab)formated(tab)text"
It appears on the printing as: "This is a formated text"

All tabs are lost...
Sometimes they are replaced by spaces, sometimes they are just
ignored.

has anybody had this problem? How can I configure the printing not to
do that?

Allan Valeriano

Hi all,

I have a JTextArea, which I'm having problems of losing formatting
when I print it.

If I have something like: "This(tab)is(tab)a(tab)formated(tab)text"
It appears on the printing as: "This is a formated text"

All tabs are lost...
Sometimes they are replaced by spaces, sometimes they are just
ignored.

has anybody had this problem? How can I configure the printing not to
do that?

I found out that the problem was a trim made to the text...
Fixed it. :)

Lew

Side note: "formatting", "formatted" are correct spellings, "formated" is not.

Also, "text" is a collective noun in this context, hence, "This is formatted
text," not, "This is a formatted text."

The latter usage would be appropriate if you use "text" in the sense of
"document" or "font".

Allan Valeriano

Side note: "formatting", "formatted" are correct spellings, "formated" is not.

Also, "text" is a collective noun in this context, hence, "This is formatted
text," not, "This is a formatted text."

The latter usage would be appropriate if you use "text" in the sense of
"document" or "font".

Learning english on google groups. lol
Thanks anyway.

Roedy Green

I have a JTextArea, which I'm having problems of losing formatting
when I print it.

If I have something like: "This(tab)is(tab)a(tab)formated(tab)text"
It appears on the printing as: "This is a formated text"

All tabs are lost...
Sometimes they are replaced by spaces, sometimes they are just
ignored.

has anybody had this problem? How can I configure the printing not to
do that?

tabs don't have a standard meaning. You will have to convert them.

Roedy Green

Also, "text" is a collective noun in this context, hence, "This is formatted
text," not, "This is a formatted text."

Text can also be used in phrases like:

"This is the text of the declaration of independence".
"do you want the voice or the text of his speech?"
"The Bible is an ancient text."