Lost session variables

Guest

Hello,

I am having some trouble with passing session variables from one aspx page
to another aspx page through an applet.

Let me clarify the problem more ...

I have an aspx page which contains a button on click of which i call an
applet to do some work. Once the applet finishes its job it calls another
aspx page to continue. But the problem is that i am no longer able to access
the old session variables. It seems like the old session is getting killed
and a new session is being created which doesn;t contain the old session
variables.

Now, tell me if there is a way to retain the old session variables when the
second aspx page is called through the applet.

thanks,
Ramendra

Guest

Now, tell me if there is a way to retain the old session variables
when the second aspx page is called through the applet.

What kind of applet are you using? Java? .NET Winforms?

Is the applet requesting the page using a built in HTTP client? If it is,
then it won't have access to the browser's session cache. Or, does the
applet raise an event which the browser handles?

Guest

I am calling the page from the applet using the appletcontext.showdocument
method. I feel some how a new session is created when i call the page through
the applet and therefore unable to access the session variables.

thanks, Ramendra

Guest

I'm facing the same problem, finally resorted to use database and generate a
unique key for that specific task, and passing that to .net through
querystring parameters.

One thing I know is that this did work with 1.1, but as soon as I moved my
project to 2.0, any applets or applications (outside of the browser, ie media
player), when they access the .net pages through an url, it'll be under
another session (another being the request header does not contain the
session id), and it won't be in the same session as the one in the
originating webpage, hence any session variables will be null.

Let me know if there's a solution to this session problem>