Maintain Session State Across Domains

Guest

Hello All:

I am writing an ASP.NET application that will take the user to PayPal to
make some payments. Before going to PayPal, I collect relevant user
information and store it in a session state slot. I'm using InProc session
state. After the user goes through the paypal site, the session information
I collected / saved is gone.

Is there a way to maintain state across domains without resorting to
ugliness like saving the session info to temporary files on the server, etc.?

Robert

Guest

To my knowledge, this should not be an issue unless you are linking
application pages accross non-secure (port 80) and secure (port 443) ports on
your webserver. If you are linking between secure and non-secure, the session
var's will not be maintained.

For example, are you collection the session vars on a secure page, directing
to PayPal, and having PayPal redirect to a non-secure page?

Hope this helps... Rich