manage files from ASP.NET C# 2.0

Dariusz Tomoñ

Hello,

How can I manage files from ASP.NET C# 2.0?
I mean I would like to save/erase files, find files in a folder and
programatically check if the file with the specific name exists in a folder.
I tried to google a bit but I could not manage to find any page with
technical/practical approach to the problem.

Thank you in advance for any help

Darek T.

Guest

Hello,

How can I manage files from ASP.NET C# 2.0?
I mean I would like to save/erase files, find files in a folder and
programatically check if the file with the specific name exists in a folder.
I tried to google a bit but I could not manage to find any page with
technical/practical approach to the problem.

Thank you in advance for any help

Darek T.

Look at the System.IO.File

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=delete+file+asp.net
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=save+file+asp.net
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=open+file+asp.net

Norman Yuan

To make it a bit more clear:

You can use System.IO to do all the file/folder manipulations, as long as
the user account used to run the ASP.NET application has the permission to
the targeting folders/files. By default, the user account running ASP.NET
has very limited permission to access folders/files on disk. You need to
study ASP.NET security/authorization to determine how to allow ASP.NET
running user account to do this type of IO access.

clintonG

Yea, basically to really control what needs to be done with directory and
file management the person(s) controlling the server have to grant the
ASPNET user full user rights on the specific directory and its subsequent
subdirectories.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com