Manual Compilation Undercut By Microsoft?

A_StClaire_

another question. this one more just a curiosity.

why does Visual Studio 2005 "support" manual compilation of source code
files only through the inconvenient command line? I see and understand
MS pushing Runtime and Pre- Compilation as more advanced methodologies,
but they could have easily added an option for old school VS 2003 / ASP
1.x compilation just under 'Build' or 'Publish'.

Karl Seguin [MVP]

If you are talking about the old project model in 1.x, and how you could
pre-compile all your codebehind into 1 assembly...well...

Microsoft got a lot of feedback on the issue, and released a VS.NET 2005
addon to bring it back. You can download it at:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx

I've used it many times, works great.

Karl