Master pages and Postback

John

I have textbox control on a masterpage. Now when we type something in
textbox and press the enter key, i want it to post to another
page.aspx. How can i do this?

Thanks.

John

Thanks, but my master page doesn't have a button so i can't use
postbackurl property. Is there any other option available.

John

I can't find any good info about this. Does someone else know about
this.

Basically i want to submit the form to a different page, i dont have a
submit button on the page. Form will be submitted when user enters
something in the textbox and press the enter key.

clintonG

Now you changed the requirements. We can submit to a different form using a
CrossPage PostBack but you still have to learn how to search the web for the
code you can copy and paste to learn how to PostBack using a TextBox.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/.

Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
OP: "I have textbox control on a masterpage. Now when we type something in
textbox and press the enter key, i want it to post to another
page.aspx. How can i do this?
"

OP Restated: "Basically i want to submit the form to a different page, i dont have a
submit button on the page. Form will be submitted when user enters
something in the textbox and press the enter key.
"

Clinton, how is this a requirements change? You may have assumed that the enter key would trigger a post back via a submit button but that was not stated. Your comments were rude to start with and when the solution is off the mark you blame the OP? Just because you may be good at what you do, doesn't mean you are good at helping people. If you aren't interested in assisting people with patience and a polite manner then maybe you should just refrain from posting and allow others to help instead.

The OP came here for help, not to be humiliated. If you think he has not done his due diligence in searching for a solution, then let the question hang...

clintonG said:
Now you changed the requirements. We can submit to a different form using a
CrossPage PostBack but you still have to learn how to search the web for the
code you can copy and paste to learn how to PostBack using a TextBox.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/.

news:[email protected]...