Master pages

Wayne Sepega

We currntly have one site, with a menu. However, we have multiple projects
on this site. I would like to have a single master page for the entire site.

I did the following:

Created a new web site
added a master page to it

Created a new web site
Added a page
Pointed the master page to the page created above
Compiled
received the following error:
/MasterPage/MasterPage.Master maps to another application, which is
not allowed.

I was hoping to prevent having to duplicate the master page and copying it
to every application when it is required. Is there any way to have a single
master page in another virtual that all of our applications/projects can
point to?

Thanks
Wayne

Wayne Sepega

That still doesn't allow the master page to exist outside of the project.
Just shows how to retreive the master page dynamiclly.

Wayne