Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Treeview not being W3C compliant?

theintrepidfox

Dear Group

Just wondered as I came accross the following markup rendered ny the
Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Treeview Control, missing the type attrbute in
the script tag.

<script>
<!--
function TreeView_PopulateNodeDoCallBack(context,param) {

WebForm_DoCallback(context.data.treeViewID,param,TreeView_ProcessNodeData,context,TreeView_ProcessNodeData,false);
}
// -->
</script>

Any ideas, work around from Microsoft and plans to fix this?

Thanks for your time and efforts,

Martin

Scott M.

JavaScript is the default scripting language used when no language or type
is specified. This should not cause any problem.

theintrepidfox

MikeS said:
Is this lint causing a specific problem?

Hi

Thanks for your messages.

Well, the missing type attribute makes fail the W3C XHTML compliancy
test.
Since all other javascript rendered by the Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0
treeviewcontrol d has the type attribute (as far as I can tell) I see
no reason why someone should rely on having identified it as javascript
and not being specified for this portion of script. It's a bug, isn't
it?

Martin

Scott M.

Probably not since different controls are created by different design teams.

But more importantly, the TYPE attribute is not required in HTML, which is
what controls render as.