Microsoft URL Rewrite Module and VS 2008 in Debug error message

mazdotnet

Hi all,

I've installed the new Microsoft URL Rewrite Module for IIS 7.0

http://www.iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&i=1691&g=6

on both my laptop (Vista Home Premium) and my desktop (Vista
Ultimate). I'm running my sites on IIS instead of the ASP.NET server.
If I call my site using http://localhost in the browser, it works
fine. However, as soon as I run it from within Visual Studio 2008 in
debug mode, it displays the following HTML error message not in
browser but in a Windows popup,

Unable to start debugging on the web server <!DOCTYPE html ...etc...
<title>IIS 7.0 Detailed Error - 500.50 - URL Rewrite Module Error</
title>

However, if there was a problem with the module, it wouldn't run
normally outside of VS 2008 debug mode. Has anyone else installed this
module? On both of my computers I'm getting the same error message
which is really odd. Any idea what could be wrong here?

As soon as I add the following line, in debug mode it fails
<rewrite>
<rules>
<rule name="Rewrite to article.aspx">
<match url="^article/([0-9]+)" />
<action type="Rewrite" url="default.aspx?id={R:1}" />
</rule>
</rules>
</rewrite>

Thanks
Maz

Juan T. Llibre

Besides posting here, where you may or may not get the answer you need,
I suggest that you post your debugging questions to the VS debugging newsgroup
on this same server : microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging.