Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

nicholas.gadacz

hello all,

i have a permission issue.

my script works fine on my windows2000 server development
box, however when i move it to my windows2003 production
server it produces an error. any help would be great.

script
<%
set oWS=server.createobject("WScript.shell")
ret=oWS.Run("c:\bat\send_erp_test.bat", 0, true) 'line 19

if(ret=0) then
message = "test_sent"
else
message = "not working<br>"
end if
%>

error:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/admin_rps/erp_send_test_sql.asp, line 19

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

I am guessing that, Windows 2003 permissions are tighter and hence the
account your are running this ASP under, does not have permissions to
execute the BAT file. Check in the security tab of file properties, what the
IUSR account permissions are.

nicholas.gadacz

i am sure it is a permissions problem but i just don't
know what.

for the bat file. it is in
c:\bat

and IUSR has rights to the directory and that file. do i
have to do anything in iis? in windows 2000 server i did
not have to do anything, but my machine is pretty open
because i am behind a firewall.

any help would be great. there is some difference between
2000 and 2003 that i am missing.

nicholas.gadacz

Bob Barrows

nicholas.gadacz said:
i am sure it is a permissions problem but i just don't
know what.

for the bat file. it is in
c:\bat

and IUSR has rights to the directory and that file. do i
have to do anything in iis? in windows 2000 server i did
not have to do anything, but my machine is pretty open
because i am behind a firewall.

any help would be great. there is some difference between
2000 and 2003 that i am missing.

What about permissions for whatever the batch file is doing? IUSR needs
permissions for those activities as well ...

HTH,
Bob Barrows