Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by PaulieS, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. PaulieS

    PaulieS Guest

    Hi all.

    Am migrating a customer from IIS5 on W2K server to IIS6 on W2K3.
    Zipped all the websites and unzipped them to the identical locations
    on new server. Used IISMT to migrate metabase.

    Got this error when I tried to run a very basic page... code:

    <%@ LANGUAGE=vbscript %>
    <%
    response.write ("Hello<br>")
    %>

    Error:

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

    This key is already associated with an element of this collection

    /LM/W3SVC/3/Root/include/inc.db.global.asp, line 13

    The global.asa file in the root which is as follows uses the
    inc.db.global.asp includes (top 13 lines follow):

    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPDataTables
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPQueryMap
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPSettings
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPScreens
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPText
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>

    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=SESUser
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=SESUserPrefs
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>

    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.connection.asp" -->
    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.common.asp" -->
    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.global.asp" -->

    The file inc.db.global.asp first 15 lines follow:

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>

    '******************************************************************
    '* Function: InitQueryMap()
    '* Purpose: initializes sql query strings to be used by ADO objects in

    app
    '* Inputs: none, but requires APPQueryMap in global.asa
    '* Author: V.M.
    '******************************************************************
    Function InitQueryMap()
    REM -- Create Query Map Dictionary

    REM -- System Queries
    APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_screens", "sp_app_screens"
    APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_settings", "sp_app_settings"
    APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_text", "sp_app_text"

    Nothing has changed from their existing production environment, yet I
    can't get any .asp pages to display. Pages with a .htm extension
    render fine.

    If I delete the global.asa file then basic asp pages work. I have tried

    commenting, line by line, items in the inc.db.global.asp file. The
    error just identifies the next line down in the includes file.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    PaulieS

    PaulieS, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Hi Paulie,

    First, this is the wrong newsgroup for this. The ASP newsgroup is
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general. This is the ASP.Net newsgroup, and
    the letters "ASP" are about all these 2 technologies have in common (well,
    for the most part).

    Second, why don't you ask "V.M" these questions? "V.M." wrote the code,
    according to his/her remarks.

    Third, your global.asa file includes a total of (at least) 3 other files. A
    server-side include has the same effect as if the included files were all
    part of the same file (the file they are included in). You only posted 13
    lines of one file, 15 lines of another file, and none of the other 2.

    Fourth, your claim that "nothing has changed from their existing production
    environment" is a wishful guess. You have already stated that you are
    migrating from a W2K server with IIS 5 to a W3K server running IIS 6. That's
    a pretty big change. You said that you used "IISMT" to migrate the metabase,
    but let me put it this way: If I were to use the latest diagnostic computer
    on my new Toyota Matrix, I still couldn't guarantee that I knew anything
    about what it was telling me, or what to do about it, since I don't know
    anything about the latest diagnostic computer, or my new Toyota Matrix.
    About all I could tell you is that I used it, and that's about all you told
    us.

    I would recommend first getting hold of "V.M." and asking him/her to help
    you out. Failing that, I would post your question to the appropriate (ASP)
    newsgroup, and include all of the code in all of your global.asa and
    included files.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer