Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

Rahul Bakshi

Hi

I am getting this error which is frustrating me a lot

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

This key is already associated with an element of this collection

/process.asp, line 362

the following is the code snippet:

Sub AddItemToCart(iItemID, iItemCount)
aParameters = GetItemParameters(iItemID)

If dictCart.Exists(iItemID) Then

If CInt(aParameters(6)) > CInt(dictCart(iItemID)) then
dictCart(iItemID) = dictCart(iItemID) + iItemCount
Response.Write "<font face=Verdana color=#c8c8c8 size=2>" &
iItemCount & " of item # " & iItemID & " have been added to your
cart.<BR><BR></font>" & vbCrLf
Else
Response.Write "<font face=Verdana color=#c8c8c8 size=2>" & "There
is no more stock available to add<BR><BR></font>" & vbCrLf
End If

Else
If CInt(aParameters(6)) > CInt(dictCart(iItemID)) then
dictCart.Add iItemID, iItemCount >>>>>>>> line 362 <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Response.Write "<font face=Verdana color=#c8c8c8 size=2>" &
iItemCount & " of item # " & iItemID & " have been added to your
cart.<BR><BR></font>" & vbCrLf
Else
Response.Write "<font face=Verdana color=#c8c8c8 size=2>" & "There
is no more stock available to add<BR><BR></font>" & vbCrLf
End If

End If

End Sub

Please suggest me if you can find some error

regards

Rahul

Ray at

That means that you're trying to add something into your dictionary object
with the same key as another item that already exists. For example:

This will cause that error:
objYourDictionaryObject.Add "key1", "Bird"
objYourDictionaryObject.Add "key1", "Cat"

This will not cause an error:
objYourDictionaryObject.Add "key1", "Bird"
objYourDictionaryObject.Add "key2", "Cat"

See how the keys are different? They must be.

Rahul Bakshi

Hi

I know the cause of the error

However i do not understand how the dictionary already has those keys
as this is the first item I am trying to add.

thanks for the quick response

regards
Rahul