Migration from Vb6 to asp.net

Rajesh

Is there any checklist or questions that needs to be raised from migrating
an application from vb6 to asp.net(c#)

Any help appreciated
webbies

Guest

hi,

Migration from an old technology to a new one is always tricky on the
decision saing "Do I have to convert only or rething my code.
Most of the time evrybody rethink there full code to match those .NET
technoly and take full advantage of features.

here is few check list :

- Dabase access it totally different and needs to be redo
- Form design to be redo as well
- Function can be kept
- declaration of variable is different and organised in name space
- Classes can be kept

But as an advise most of time a code reorganise on a new platform will be
more robust and safe than simple conversion. By my experience also I have try
to open an old project with studio. That clear that it tells you what to
change, but that start to be a big mess.

regards
serge
MCP Vb.NET, ASP.NET, XP

Rajesh

"By my experience also I have try to open an old project with studio. That
clear that it tells you what to change, but that start to be a big
mess."Unfortunately we can't open a VB project in visual studio :)

When someone says that you are responsible for migrating this application
from vb6 to Asp.net .What are the questions u'll come out with inorder to
understand the forthcoming implemention of the exact requirement