miniruby capabilities Q

Edwin Eyan Moragas

Hi Guys,

saw a miniruby binary in the ruby distro. tried a search in
the list archives but can't answer my question.

1) what is miniruby for?
2) what is it capable of doing?

i'm interested in all things small and performance related. i might
be jumping the gun here but just the same.

stp
eyan

--
Edwin Eyan Moragas
Main Expectorant

haaktu technologies
spewing spit since '73

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "miniruby capabilities Q"

|saw a miniruby binary in the ruby distro. tried a search in
|the list archives but can't answer my question.
|
|1) what is miniruby for?

miniruby is a ruby interpreter for bootstrapping purpose. Ruby uses
some Ruby programs during its compilation.

|2) what is it capable of doing?

miniruby is not capable to load extension libraries on some platforms.

matz.

Edwin Eyan Moragas

thanks Matz.

i guess it wouldn't be wise to use miniruby as a full time interpreter then.

stp
eyan