Missing library path (WIndows)

FPEFPE

Hello -- I am running python from an application, starting it with a call to the python31.dll

I think I am missing something in my path -- any help would be appreciated -- thanks

Here is the script and the output ---

# this is a test

import sys

print('hello from python')

print('Number of arguments:', len(sys.argv), 'arguments.')

print('Argument List:', str(sys.argv))

#--------------------------------------------------#
# o u t p u t #
#--------------------------------------------------#

Argument List: hello from python

Number of arguments: 5 arguments.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "", line 1, in

File "C:/DOCUME~1/Frank/LOCALS~1/Temp/foo.py", line 10, in

print('Argument List:', str(sys.argv))

File "C:\Python32\Lib\encodings\cp437.py", line 19, in encode

return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]

UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode characters in position 2-18: character maps to

Kwpolska

Hello -- I am running python from an application, starting it with a callto the python31.dll

I think I am missing something in my path -- any help would be appreciated -- thanks

Nope, you are not.
File "C:\Python32\Lib\encodings\cp437.py", line 19, in encode

return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]

UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode characters in position 2-18: character maps to

Python has problems with encoding the arguments to look properly with
the crappy Windows cmd.exe encodings. They cannot be encoded for some
reason. You may need magic, but I’m not quite sure what in Py3k
(bytestrings?)

--

Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>

stop html mail | always bottom-post

GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16

Hello -- thanks for the reply ... is "magic" a debugging tool?

[...]

No, no, no! I meant “do some magic with the stringâ€. In Py2k, it
would be str.decode(), but I don’t know what to do in Py3k.