missing WebResource.axd in rendered html

itieszenu

or if you were wondering about why you run the aspnet_regiis -c
executable and the only thing that happen is a v2.0.50257 folder is
created and missing validation .js files. That is because all of this
happens with an embedded resource in the newly updated System.Web dll.
The validation, autopostback and others client scripts are created on
the fly with this webresource.axd handler.

Im writing this because I have been scratching my head for over 3 days
trying to get autopostback to work on my converted 1.1 to 2.0 website.
On other pages i did find that the axd handler was being requested but
on my custom control that inhierited from the
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox the handler did NOT get requested.

Fix: Make sure if you are inhieriting from other webcontrols and you
are overriding a built-in method ... please include the
base.YourOverRiddedMethod(e)

My example:
protected override OnPreRender()
{