Mixing ASP Controls in .Net Projects

Guest

Hi and thx for take a litle time to reply me.

My question is:

Supposing that i have a Control built in ASP 3.0 (a Calendar Control in this
case) and I want to make it work in a .Net project Built with ASP .net (
FrameWork 2.0), could it be posible to run the control in the same page and
the same .Net project? and if the answer is yes, how can i reference it in my
asp .net project?

Thx.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Assuming you mean a compiled control, you have to add the COM reference
prior to placing the control on the page. It may not show up in preview
unfortunately.

If you mean ASP control, or a scripted control, you will have to place it on
an ASP page and then include the page.

As the ASP.NET calendar control probably does what you need, or can be
extended rather easily, I would not spend a gerat amount of time on this, as
moving to a full ASP.NET solution is the better option.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

asp did not have controls in the sense asp.net does. t include it on an
asp.net page the code should be converted to asp.net. how hard this is will
depend on how the asp code was structured and the langauge it was wriiten in
(javascript ports better than vb)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Hi and thanx for reply.

Well the problem is that currently I'm Developing a Portal in ASP .Net, I
admit that I don't have enough skills and time to expand the control calendar
that come along visual studio. and the client have a calendar named
MultiCalendar wich was developed in ASP 3.0 and i have to integrated it in my
ASP .Net Project.

So what could I do ?