Mixins conflict? FileUtils and mini_exiftool

1

12 34

Not sure if Mixins is the right word. But I have

require 'rubygems' # # Needed by rbosa, mini_exiftool, appscript, --at
least in my installation
require 'FileUtils'
require 'mini_exiftool' # a wrapper for the Perl ExifTool
# I have a couple of others in my script, but these two are the ones
conflicting

FileUtils and mini_exiftool are apparently both trying to use the same
contant. Here's the error I get using TextMate:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:93: warning: already initialized
constant OPT_TABLE
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:1163: warning: already initialized
constant S_IF_DOOR
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:1513: warning: already initialized
constant METHODS

Script runs and is doing what I want AFAIK, but there may be some glitch
that I haven't detected yet.

Thanks

Alex Young

12 said:
[...]

Your fileutils require is "require 'FileUtils'", while mini_exiftools
probably requires is as "require 'fileutils'". Because of the case
difference, require thinks it hasn't seen fileutils before when
mini_exiftool require's it, and tries to load it again. At least,
that's my guess. Try changing your "require 'FileUtils'" to "require
'fileutils'" and see if the warnings go away.

1

12 34

Alex said:
Your fileutils require is "require 'FileUtils'", while mini_exiftools
probably requires is as "require 'fileutils'". Because of the case
difference, require thinks it hasn't seen fileutils before when
mini_exiftool require's it, and tries to load it again. At least,
that's my guess. Try changing your "require 'FileUtils'" to "require
'fileutils'" and see if the warnings go away.
Good guess. Thanks.