mod_python install trouble

ted

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to get mod_python running on Win2000.

I'm getting the following error when I start Apache:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>Apache.exe
Syntax error on line 163 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so
into server:
The specified module could not be found.

I added the following lines to the Apaches http.conf file:

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

<Directory C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/mod_python_test>
AddHandler mod_python .py
PythonHandler mptest
PythonDebug On
</Directory>

And I have installed on Win2000:
Apache 2.0.47
Python 2.3.2
mod_python 3.1.0a

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Ted

Werner Schiendl

Hello,

I did use version 3.0.3 of mod_python (binary installer) and had the
same problem.

Although it offered to install with either Python 2.2 or Python 2.3,
it only worked with version 2.2.

It looks like the python version is hardcoded in some way in the
mod_python binary.

hth

Werner