module installing

Emanuele Matli

Hello,

I have a problem installing a (perl) module on my iBook (MAC OSX 10.3.8,
perl v5.8.1-RC3). The error message is the following:

Error: Unable to locate installed Perl libraries or Perl source code.

It is recommended that you install perl in a standard location before
building extensions. Some precompiled versions of perl do not contain
these header files, so you cannot build extensions. In such a case,
please build and install your perl from a fresh perl distribution. It
usually solves this kind of problem.

(You get this message, because MakeMaker could not find
"/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/perl.h")

and the module I'm trying to install is the File::List from CPAN.

This actually rise from another problem that is: I get a malloc error
from Glob (*** malloc[2302]: error for object 0xbffffe20: Pointer being
reallocated was not allocated
Out of memory! ), but only if I call it twice. The first call is succesfull.

Any suggestion on how to solve one or both of these problems?

Thanks,

E.

Sherm Pendley

Emanuele said:
I have a problem installing a (perl) module on my iBook (MAC OSX 10.3.8,
perl v5.8.1-RC3). The error message is the following:

Error: Unable to locate installed Perl libraries or Perl source code.

You need to install Xcode.

sherm--