Module.nesting for anonymous modules?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by James Coglan, Nov 15, 2008.

  1. James Coglan

    James Coglan Guest

    Hi list,

    I'm trying to get a reference to the module that a method is defined in,
    problem being that the module is generated dynamically so is not part of the
    AST.

    foo = Module.new do
    def m
    Module.nesting
    end
    end
    => #<Module:0x28879c4>

    c = Class.new { include foo }
    => #<Class:0x287164c>

    c.new.m
    => []

    Is there any way for a method defined like this to get a reference to its
    containing module?

    James Coglan, Nov 15, 2008