    would like to write a module. And is the perldoc that comes with Perl at
    cpan all you need to write in perl?

    Bill

    Bill Cunningham, Jun 17, 2008

  2. "Bill Cunningham" <> wrote:
    > I am new to perl. In fact I haven't written decent code in perl. But I
    >would like to write a module.

    perldoc perlmod is a good place to start reading.

    >And is the perldoc that comes with Perl at
    >cpan all you need to write in perl?

    You don't need perldoc although it certainly comes very handy when
    writing Perl code. Technically all you need is an editor to write and
    the perl interpreter to run the code.

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 17, 2008

  3. "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message

    > perldoc perlmod is a good place to start reading.
    >
    > You don't need perldoc although it certainly comes very handy when
    > writing Perl code. Technically all you need is an editor to write and
    > the perl interpreter to run the code.

    What about a Perl compiler. That's the one thing I have against Perl it
    runs on interpreters. Btw what is a POD ?

    Bill

    Bill Cunningham, Jun 17, 2008