Monitoring an MS Exchange mailbox

Lindstrom Greg - glinds

I have written a script to monitor my MS Exchange mailbox for certain
messages and post information to an MS SQL Server Database. Everything
works great except that each time I run the script I am prompted by Windows
to choose the profile of the mailbox via a dialog box. I'd like to run the
script every hour, so this is not good.

Is there any way to either specify the profile or accept the default?

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

--greg

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.

Martin v. Loewis

Lindstrom said:
I have written a script to monitor my MS Exchange mailbox for certain
messages and post information to an MS SQL Server Database. Everything
works great except that each time I run the script I am prompted by Windows
to choose the profile of the mailbox via a dialog box. I'd like to run the
script every hour, so this is not good.

Is there any way to either specify the profile or accept the default?

Certainly. Just pass the profile name as an argument to the function
opening the connection to exchange.

Regards,
Martin

Tim Howarth

In message <[email protected]>
Lindstrom Greg - glinds said:
I have written a script to monitor my MS Exchange mailbox for certain
messages and post information to an MS SQL Server Database.
Is there any way to either specify the profile or accept the default?

I don't know about that but I do something similar using imaplib - it
used to connect to a non-Exchange email server, I left it as it was
when we switched to Exchange and it continued to work (obviously with
IMAP enabled in Exchange).